Hi guys! Turns out there’s something called the Liebster Award for up and coming new blogs. Many thanks to Jina for nominating me. I would definitely recommend checking out Jina’s blog, Beauty Blogmark, out here.
From Jina’s amazing post on summer fragrances: Summer Bouquet
Rules are as follows:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Answer the eleven questions posted by the presenter and ask eleven for your nominees.
4. Nominate eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 1100 followers.
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them.
Questions & Answers:
1.Why did you start blogging?
It’s definitely a nice, creative outlet. I always loved taking photos and sharing them, so it was only a matter of time before I picked a topic and started blogging away.
2.What is your favorite movie?
Frozen or Tangled. Must be because of the way the Disney animators draw dem eyes.
3.What piece of advice would you give to young girls?
Don’t ever let society or cultural norms restrain you from blossoming into the best version of yourself.
4.What is your favorite quote and by whom?
“Life is a party, dress like it” – Audrey Hepburn.
I also really like this quote by Vivian Greene: “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
5.If sky is the limit, what would you like to do next?
Leave everything behind and go on a trip around the world with my DSLR.
6.What is your holy grail beauty product?
7.If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
Sea of Stars on Vaadhoo Island, Maldives. It’s so magical.
8.What is one lesson you’ve learned since started your blog?
It doesn’t matter if someone else doesn’t like what you have to show or say. If you want to say something, say it. If you want to do something do it. The guaranteed way to be forgettable is to be mediocre.
9.Is there a book that you’ve read that had inspired you?
I’d say that every book I’ve read has left at least some sort of impact on me.
10.What are your favorite blogs?
Bubzbeauty for beauty and Wendy’s Lookbook for fashion.
11. One place in the world, you’d go back to any time…
Regency Period England. Probably because of a romanticization of it due to Jane Austen’s novels, but still.
Tangie of Dream Chasing Chick
Gem and Jo of Gem and Jo Take the World
Georgia of The Clothes Show
Jennifer of The Essentials
Quintan Johnson of Out of the Box Fashion
Nicole of Diary of a Young Lady
Elle of Elle the Fashionista
Melissa of Lemonmel
Catherine of Skylish Beauty
Carey of Little Free Closet
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your go to outfit?
3. If you could, would you travel back in time or to the future?
4. Favorite romantic comedy and why?
5. If you could be any nail polish type/color, what would you be?
6. Favorite inspirational quote?
7. What is your ideal day off?
8. Favorite city that you’ve visited or that you’d like to visit?
9. What is the one item of clothing you would never wear?
10. Which trend would you like to see return? (fashion or beauty – or both)
11. If you could select 5 new items for your wardrobe and money wouldn’t be an issue, what would you choose?